Thursday, April 19, 2007

What a GREAT day!

I had a great day! I felt good and got to go out with Becky and Andrew. I got to their house, went searching for Andrew, swung him around and told him I was feeling great and was ready to play! His response? "YAY!" We went to lunch and did some shopping. My mom's birthday is next week as well as a friend of Andrew's, so we had to find some birthday gifts. We got home and Becky and I watched "Rumor Has It" while Andrew took a nap. After his nap, we felt the need to tickle and torture him into laughing and giggling...not like that is a hard task! When I got home, I finally got the pictures for Christmas for my best friend framed and wrapped as well as getting it all in a box and put it in my trunk so I can mail it out tomorrow. That leaves me with only 2 more Christmas gifts to get out! Maybe I can get another one done tomorrow before I go to the post office. That last one is a toughie because of the framing...I don't know how to do it right and so I need mom's help on that one!


In the world of strange news, there was a "specific threat" made to KVCC (the community college across the street) this morning and they evacuated and closed the campus until Sunday. I didn't know anything about it this morning until I started getting phone calls from friends inquiring if I was okay and needed someplace to stay...boy, was I confused as to what was going on. Fortunately, it turns out that it was just a former student who had made comments on a message board about how he was proud of what that kid did at Virginia Tech did and that he would have done the same. I am guessing they had more than that to go on, but I can see why they would react so efficiently as a result of the what happened earlier this week at VT. They have to do what is best for the safety of the student body and right now, everyone is on edge.


So, I am very happy because I had such a nice day. I can make it through weeks of bad days if I can just have a good day every once in a while. It has been so long that I felt like I was drowning, but today, I can see the light. I know that the likelihood that tomorrow will be quite uncomfortable and miserable because I did a lot today and it seems to be the way things go, but I don't care - I had a good day and I am happy...nothing else matters right now.


In case you need something to make you smile, here is an adorable picture of Andrew...he put himself in this predicament while at Easter in Kawkawlin with his grandparents...what a ham!




I hope that you all had a great day - everyone deserves to have a great day at least once in a while...it makes all the rest of life tolerable. It helps you to see all the good that life has to offer. It makes you appreciate all that you have - family and friends. I have a wonderful family and I need to remember that and tell them more often how much I appreciate them and love them.


Sally

1 comment:

Lynne said...

YAY for good days!!! After Andrew they're the next best medicine!