Saturday, April 14, 2007

Today was a little bit better...

So, today was not as bad as yesterday. I don't know if it is because I was consistently taking extra pain meds for the last day or if it is actually better. At this point, I really don't care what the reason is though! The pain is still worse than usual and I don't understand why, but at least today I can move around a little more comfortably. It still just hurts so much and I hate it.

I was getting very frustrated today because I couldn't get a hold of anyone regarding my old insurance coverage or medicaid. Everyone was apparently out of the office and won't be back until Monday. Well, my problem was that because I have been taking more Dilaudid, I was about to run out. So, I was looking at a very long weekend waiting for pain meds. Then, I decided to call Wal-Mart to see how much it would be to pay for the prescription with cash. Mind you, after the experience with the enzymes being $1200 for the month, I didn't hold out much faith; however, I about jumped out of my chair because they said - $28.32. I said - you mean 28 dollars??? So, mom and I went over there tonight and now I am hopefully going to be a little more comfortable this weekend than initially expected.

I have gotten all the stuff together now to send off for the free long-acting pain meds. I just need to get a signature from the doctor on the application. Hopefully, they will approve that and send it out quickly. I even got the money order for it tonight (you have to pay $5 shipping). So, that should go out Tuesday and that will be all set...

Mom and I had a nice evening. We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. That is quickly becoming one of my favorite places to go. They have amazing ribs - they fall off the bone and you don't even get messy! Even their house salad is delicious - it's ice cold and has lots of egg, tomatos, croutons, etc. The only problem is that you have to go so freaking early because they get so busy. We went at about 5:15 and had to wait about 20 minutes...by the time we left there at around 6:45, they were swamped. Becky and Matt tried to go a few weeks ago and were told they would have a 70-80 minute wait! CRAZY! We did see tonight though that they have call ahead seating, so we are thinking that on a Tuesday night after mom is done with bowling season we will go as a family.

Speaking of family, Andrew will be here tomorrow for his usual Saturday with Aunt Sally and Grandma. The plan, as of now, is to bake cookies. I got all the stuff to make my famous oatmeal butterscotch cookies, but I am going to try using Splenda in place of the white sugar. I am still going to use regular brown sugar because I thought it might be good to break us in gently to the idea of Splenda instead of regular sugar. They do have a Splenda brown sugar and if this tastes okay, I will probably try using that next time as well. Mom has a hair appointment at 1pm, so it will depend on if I have enough energy to watch him and bake cookies at the same time. We shall see what tomorrow has in store.

I have been cross-stitching like a crazy person again lately. I have done 6 bookmarks this week. I am doing them so I can give them to caregivers in the hospital who have been exceptionally kind to me. I like to have something on hand that is done already. I plan to do a bunch more, but it has worn a sore spot on my finger, so I had to switch o a different project for a while. I am doing some of these really funny pictures with this woman that reminds me of Maxine from the Hallmark pictures for my bathroom. She is brightly colored and has funny sayings...the one I am doing now says "Go braless...it will pull all the wrinkles out of your face!" They are just crazy funny and will look great in my bathroom.

My other project for the weekend is to get a bunch of stuff framed and boxed up so I can send it out next week. I still have Christmas presents sitting here for people because I fell behind and just haven't caught up yet! By the time I send them, it will be Christmas again!!! Speaking of Christmas again, I should actually start trying to figure out what pictures I am going to do for next year as it does take me a long time to get them done!

Okay, I am going to head off to bed. Andrew will be here in 9 hours and goodness knows I have to lay in bed not sleeping for at least the next 6!

I hope you all had a great day.

Sally

1 comment:

heather said...

glad today was a bit better...wish i could take it all away...even for a moment...but all i can offer is a shoulder...

the knocking on your door is me -- waiting for those yummy cookies!!!