Saturday, June 30, 2007

Me and my iPod

Hello. I am just sitting here loading songs onto my iPod. I have finally straightened it all out and seem to have all the songs that we have purchased and am currently loading all my CD music onto the library. It will be nice to have a full iPod finally. My plan is to take it with us when we go camping and so I wanted it to be fully loaded and ready to go. I now have something like 25 hours of music ready to sync to it.

Otherwise, it has been a busy week. I had my IVIG infusion on Tuesday. The nurse lacked math skills and ran it way too fast. As a result, I have just felt pretty lousy all week. We actually had to stop the infusion for a while because I had a pounding headache like none other and was getting really cold and feeling funky. I saw Dr. Batts on Thursday and he told me to make sure that they don't run it so fast again. It should be run at half speed - no faster. He said that everyone who has it run too fast ends up with that horrible headache and feels bad. There is no need to go so fast. The appointment with Dr. Batts went really well. He said that we can go ahead with both the port and the Aplegraf (skin graft) as my infection rate is definitely better than it was. My IgG was 569, which all he is looking for is over 500, so we are doing well there. He did say that we will have to continue with pre- and post-levels because I am a little too close to 500 to just go willy nilly... I can see that and appreciate that he keeps such close track. I don't have to go back to see him for another 6 months, but as he put it "you know where I live if you need me!"

I called Dr. Borozan after I left Dr. Batts' office so that we could get the port going. They said they needed a fax from Dr. Batts and so I called them back and she said that she would send the office note over when it was done. I figured I would have to call people again next week to see where we were at, but low and behold, Dr. Borozan's office called me yesterday and told me that he would like to see me on Tuesday morning. So, hopefully we can get that set up fairly quickly and I won't have to be poked at next month for the infusion. We are running out of good veins - the one we used last week was small and burned throughout the infusion.

I babysat for Andrew today. We had a really good day together. He had no accidents and was just as cheerful as can be. He ate like a little piggly-wiggly! It was so cute - he just kept asking for more pizza and then he even ate a couple cookies, which I never see him do! He was also very cuddly today...who doesn't want to cuddle with such an adorable little guy?

Well, the iPod is done with its sync and I need to go sit down for a few minutes before we go away. I am kind of struggling with my abdominal pain. I woke up the other night with a very sharp pain and I was sure that it was all starting over again. Since then, I have been having a hard time eating and my abdomen just hurts all the time in a way unlike the normal pain. I am hoping that it will just go away, but I fear that it won't and that this is the start of something that I don't really want to deal with again.

Anyway, hope you have a great day.

Sally

No comments: