Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A better day...

Hello. I'm having a better day than yesterday. I guess that it all just piled up on me at once and I was starting to lose it. My abdomen really hurt and it seemed like people were mad (or as it was put to me, not mad, but frustrated) at me and I hadn't done anything to deserve it. I readily admit that I do things to piss people off quite frequently, but I didn't see it coming yesterday. So, that added to my pain just left me feeling quite lost.

Today is a better day though. My abdomen doesn't hurt as bad and it seems that all those that were frustrated with me yesterday have moved on from that and we are all okay again.

I had breakfast with my aunt this morning. We had a lovely time. I was really proud of her - she rode her bike to Bucky's! It was a good 20 minute ride from her house. I wish I had that kind of stamina. My plan is to go out and pump up the bike tires tonight when it cools down a bit. I really want to be able to start riding and getting some exercise. It isn't so much that I want the exercise for weight loss or anything, but I just want to be able to get out and feel the wind through my hair... Anyway, we had a nice breakfast.

It sounds like Becky, Andrew and I are going to go visit Sue and Jim in South Haven on Thursday. They have their trailer on a lot there and so we are going to go see the new digs.

Mom and I are going to have dinner tonight. I think we are having brats. It will be nice to have dinner with mom because it has been a while and it means for a quiet night at home. I stopped at the store today to get more brats because I got the wrong kind yesterday and mom won't eat those, so I had to get regular ones.

I also had to get some cool whip because Andrew and I are going to make Watergate Salad on Saturday. It's this delicious jello salad with fruit cocktail that Carol made last week when the girls came up to the hospital for our lunch. I got sugar-free jello and cool whip and lite fruit cocktail, so this is really something I can eat without getting myself into trouble.

Speaking of trouble, I have to get my log together because tomorrow is doctor day. I have my appointment at the wound clinic at 10 and with Dr. Valitutto at 1. Guess I will have to see if I can get a couple bucks from mom so I can get lunch while I am out there. I was really excited today because I got gas for only $2.87 a gallon!!! So, I spent my last $10 to get a half tank of gas...I couldn't resist for that price. So, now I have to ask for more money just to have lunch. Can you see where a person could get stressed out in my situation? I mean, I can see the frustration of constantly being asked for money, but can you see the frustration of always having to ask? It's totally demeaning to have to ask for $10 here and there so you can get gas or have lunch with your friends...I can't mail a package or buy shampoo without having to ask someone else for $. It does nothing for one's self-esteem or self-worth.

Anyway, I better get to cross-stitching. I know I say that most days, but it really is what I do. Oh, I did go downstairs and get to cleaning for about a half hour. I got my books from work put away, but I couldn't find my stacking file boxes. I will have to look for them again later. I am going to try to put in a little time each day cleaning and reorganizing down there and eventually it will get done. As for the cross-stitching, now that I am cross-stitching for Dimensions, I have timelines and have to get the projects done. I have it over half done and figure it should take me another 6 hours approximately to finish it. I will then send it back and see if they will use me as a consumer tester. I really hope that they find it acceptable...

Sally

No comments: