Friday, July 6, 2007

No more random poking!

YAY! I got a phone call this morning with the date of my port-a-cath insertion. It is going to be done on Wednesday, July 11 at 2:45pm. I am very excited because this will mean that there will not be any random poking at the end of the month when I go in for my infusion! I saw Dr. Borozan on Tuesday and he said that he had no problem doing the surgery and that my subclavian on the right is open and appears to be ready for the port.


In other news, we went to the fireworks on Wednesday night. This was Andrew's first fireworks exposure and he enjoyed it to begin with, but then decided he was scared. He didn't like the noise, but he sat very quietly on grandma's lap and waited until it was over. Before the fireworks, he was running around playing duck, duck, goose with us and just running around in circles for the sake of running! He is just so adorable!




Otherwise, things are about the same as usual. I will be babysitting tomorrow for the adorable little Andrew. I had planned to take him to see Ratatoille this week, but he went last week with his school friends. It was his first movie. I can just about see the 20 or so of them walking down the sidewalk to the theater and then all sitting in a row. So cute! It's just as well that he went then though because I won't be able to take him this week like I had planned because of the port insertion. So, I think that we will still go together, but it will be a couple weeks...unless we go tomorrow on a whim! He can't actually tell me what the movie was about, but he did say that part of it scared him. I don't think he was so much scared by the movie as by being in the dark without an adult to cuddle up with. So, hopefully he will enjoy it even more the second time around.

Healthwise, I am still struggling with abdominal pain since that weird event last week. I don't know what is going on, but it could stop any time now! Lungs are doing okay, a little better than last week, but still not great. The major changes in weather and all the heat with humidity doesn't help any! The skin tears are healing and I don't seem to be getting as many of them these days. I am hoping that is getting better and will not cause problems.

Well, I had better find some lunch. I have chicken defrosted and marinating for dinner, but lunch is still up in the air...perhaps a sandwich and chips again...

Sally

1 comment:

heather said...

good luck with the port today!!!!

i can't believe how much older andrew looks from the pic of you and him!! wow!!!