Thursday, July 12, 2007

Quiet Thursday afternoon

Hello all. I am just having a quiet Thursday afternoon. I had planned to go see Harry Potter today, but changed my mind. My neck/shoulder is considerably more sore than I anticipated and so I decided that I would just stay home and relax today. I will go see the movie next week instead. Fortunately, this is one of those movies that I don't feel like I need to rush right out to see because I know how the story goes...no matter how many previews and interviews I see on TV about the movie, they can't spoil it because I have read the book and know the story. So, waiting until next week is no big deal. Besides, I would rather relax today so that I have the energy and strength for tomorrow.

I am very excited about tomorrow. I am picking Andrew up from school and we are going to see Ratatoille. I am so looking forward to taking him to the theater and seeing the movie and so is he. We had such a good day yesterday. There are many times that he really doesn't want much to do with me when we are together, especially if grandma is there. He generally will curl up with her over me and, I admit, sometimes it hurts my feelings a bit (I am human, you know) even though I know that he doesn't mean to do that. Yesterday though, he wanted me...he wanted to sit next to me at dinner and he wanted to sit with me when we got home, curled up in my lap and we read a few books together. He had a ton of energy last night though and was running around the living room in circles, did summersaults, was showing me his stunt falls, etc. He was so funny. I was so tired after the procedure and he was just running like his tail was on fire!

So, my plans for today are pretty minimal. I am going to tidy up the kitchen here in a minute and then I am going to go and cross-stitch for a bit. I'll likely take a nap too, just because I can!

Oh, Social Security called yesterday while I was gone and wanted to know when he could call me on Friday. So, I left him a message today that he could call me in the morning. It will be interesting to see what he has to offer. I am hoping that he is calling to tell me that they have sent my file in and we are just waiting for a response. I am hoping that he might even be calling to give me some good news!!! Wouldn't it be nice to hear some positive news? Wouldn't it be nice to hear that someone is going to give me some money finally??? I'll let you know what they have to offer after I find out.

Anyway, hope you all have a great day. I'm off to the kitchen!

Sally

No comments: