Tuesday, May 1, 2007

They didn't want me...

I had jury duty today and they didn't want me. I REALLY wanted to be selected. It was a medical malpractice case of a woman who died during the birth of twins (she died in between deliveries). I suspect that my medical background and history of being a long-term patient in the hospital that was involved was the reason that they didn't even call me to the jury box. The trial is expected to last through the end of next week, so I was inspired not only by my desire to fulfill my civic duty, but also by the $40 a day for 9 days...hello??? I could really use that $300!!!

Anyway, I am worn out. The last couple days have been busy. I met with the bankruptcy attorney yesterday and found out that it will be $990 to file. So, hopefully I can get that taken care of next week. I have some paperwork to get and I also have to find the other $400...

After the attorney, I met up with Carol and we went to Battle Creek to the mall for a moment to find some stuff for her and then we went over to Alice's. We went to the little pub again by her house and had a great time chatting and eating. They have great waffle fries there...I don't know what they put on them, but I love them!

Today, I was at the courthouse all day...we didn't get dismissed until almost 3pm, so I guess that I will get paid for a full day of jury duty - hey, it's something...

Tonight, I am in some incredible pain. I think it is a result of overdoing it the last couple days. For some reason, sitting in very stiff chairs really aggravates my abdomen. So, sitting there on the wooden benches all day in the courtroom have set things in motion tonight. Andrew apparently requested that I pick him up tomorrow from daycare, but I asked mom to do it (it's her usual night to pick him up) because I really tink that I need to just come home tomorrow and relax. I have an appointment in the wound care clinic at 9:30 and then I am going to come home and chill. We shall see what they have to offer at the wound care clinic. I am going to not shower in the morning (gross, I know) so that I can avoid changing my dressing before I go. It seems like everytime I go in there, I have just changed the dressing and they remark that there isn't much drainage and it doesn't smell when in fact, it really does drain quite a bit and stinks at times. So, my hope is that by going with the nasty dressing still on there they will see what I see everyday. Maybe that will give them a better idea of how to treat this thing.

Anyway, I am in pain and a bit miserable tonight, so I am headed to bed. I hope that you all have a great day and I will pop back here soon...

Sally

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sally,
I didn't know you had a blog, but I'll be checking in now that I know you do.
I'm sorry to hear you didn't get picked for the jury and I hope you feel better soon.

Take care,
Diane