Monday, May 14, 2007

It's been a few days...

It's been a few days since I posted last. I guess that things got a little busier than I realized. Actually, I think it has more to do with the fact that I just haven't been at my desk in a few days.

Friday afternoon, I realized that I had cellulitis, so I was off to the doctor to get some antibiotics and ointment to get rid of that. The amazing part of this story is not that I got cellulitis AGAIN, but that for the first time, I seem to be getting rid of it without being admitted to the hospital! Let's all do a little dance for this bit of good news! Maybe the IVIG is working after all!!!

Unfortunately, the pancreatitis still seems to be flaring a little, though I do think it is a little better now than it has been the last week or so. The pain has not been quite as bad, though I am still very uncomfortable, quite nauseated and extremely tired. Yesterday, I went to bed at 9:30pm and was sound asleep until about 10am today! That is a freakish amount of sleep for me. It seems like I go a couple nights with very little sleep because I am just too uncomfortable and then one night where I sleep like a log. Wonder what that means for tonight? I'm tired...but, we shall see as that doesn't always mean anything.

We had a very nice Mother's Day. We went to Matt, Becky and Andrew's for dinner. Matt made a really tasty dinner for the 3 ladies of the family and then Andrew presented us with our gifts. I got an adorable frame with a picture of him and I that says something about Aunts being like Mommies, only better. :o) I also got a card that said that I am the "funnest grownup" he knows. Becky is always really good about acknowledging me for Mother's/Aunt's Day and I really appreciate it.

So, that's about it from here. I am still waiting to hear from my caseworker about my Medicaid. I guess I will be calling him yet again tomorrow to see what is up. Wednesday and Thursday are filled with doctors appointments. Friday, I have nothing scheduled because Alice and I have changed our plans to Saturday. I don't know if I am babysitting, but if not, we will probably go for lunch and then maybe to a movie or something. The local theater runs movies for $3, so we might do that.

Anyway, hope you all have a great day!

Sally

1 comment:

heather said...

YEAH for aunt sally!!

and a big WHOOOOHOOOOO for the IVIG!

talk soon!

me