Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Not the day I had planned...

So, I had an appointment at 9:30am at the wound clinic this morning. I thought I would go there and be home by 11 at the latest and then go out with Carol this afternoon/evening. Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men... I just got home at 4:30pm.

As I believe I had mentioned before, I am having a problem with stretch marks getting thin and tearing. Well, I have several that have torn and one is especially large. I was concerned that it had developed a tract/fistula (tunnel) and that was confirmed this morning by the nurse practitioner. She was concerned though because she was able to go 5 cm with a q-tip and didn't hit the end of the tract. So, she sent me for a CT scan to see if the fistula goes to the bowel and I have to return there on Friday to have it repacked and to get the results of the CT scan. If it does connect to the bowel, then my surgeon will have to be contacted and I guess I would have to have it surgically repaired. I don't really know all the repercussions of what can happen here, but I am trying to just look at the easy end of this. I am just going with the idea that it doesn't connect and that it will be no problem.

Otherwise, things are going okay. More abdominal pain lately, but in hindsight, this is probably related to this fistula problem. Lungs are doing a little better...but, I am working hard at keeping out of the heat and humidity because when I go out there, things get a little tougher.

Hope the rest of you are having a good day. I will update again when I have more information about the CT scan...

Sally

No comments: