Saturday, August 25, 2007

Greetings from Mayo

Hi all. I'm sorry it has been so long, but things have been a bit up in the air for me lately. As you can see from the title, I am not at home, but I am Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. I was admitted to the hospital when I was still in Michigan nearly a month ago, but they were unable to do anything more to help me. We requested a transfer to University of Michigan, but they flat out refused to see me after seeing my records. So, the next request was to Mayo and thankfully they said yes. After a round of testing, they decided that surgery was going to be necessary. On Monday, I am scheduled to have surgery - a skin graft - to my abdomen, but they won't be repairing the fistula at this time. They say that I will have to come back in about a year to have that done. So, as long as they don't worry about the infection that I currently have, I will be having surgery on Monday around noon.

Sorry this is fairly short, but I am getting tired and should get back to my room. I'll try to update more later. If you really want info, just send me an email at SallyLovesSnow@sbcglobal.net and I will include you on the email list.

Sally

No comments: